BFREE Africa’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Accounting/Administrative Assistant jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 31, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
This particular role is to assist BFREEÛªs Head of Finance with numerous daily accounting activities to assure all customer payables are accurate and promptly processed, proper filing, spreadsheet updates, collate invoices for mailing, faxing and emailing, compiling receipts and invoices for payments, assisting customers promptly with accounting questions, incident reports, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to:
- Collating and mailing, faxing and emailing invoices and statements
- Copy, file, collate accounts payable and assist with payroll
- Completion of tasks on month-end close checklist
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets
- Charge credit cards and run daily batches
- Liaise with external accountants on various other tasks
- Review of monthly commissions/bonuses
- Provide administrative support to the accounting department
- Ensuring operational supplies and needs are adequate
- Maintain and manage office administrative expenditure.
- Maintain, verify and rectify customer balances in accounts receivable records.
- Ensure employee expenses are supported with receipts, a valid business expense, within BFREEÛªs approved reimbursement policy and uploaded timely for reimbursement
- Correspond with customers having long overdue and delinquent balances.
- Check and verify vendor bills before making payment advice.
- Maintain and manage inventory control of materials and supplies.
- Liaise with the local bank when directed by the Head of Finance
- Reconcile bank records with bank statements.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to external audit teams.
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly.
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training Education and/or Experience
- BachelorÛªs in Finance or Accounting
- CPA/ACCA/ICAN or any other certification, is a plus
Other Desired Skills
- Ability to write detailed information into system and correspondence as necessary
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the client files
- Ability to respond effectively and sensitive to clients, showing respect
- Ability to understand and calculate payments for collections
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Willing to work overtime, only as requested by Head of Finance
- An entrepreneurial mindset is highly desired!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested.
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Lagos
*Accounting/Administrative Assistant in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online