Job title : Accountant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 05, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- As an accountant, you will be responsible for managing financial records, analyzing financial data, and ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions within the organization.
- Your role will involve preparing financial statements, conducting financial analysis, maintaining financial records, and providing support for budgeting and forecasting activities.
- You will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with relevant financial regulations and supporting the organization’s financial decision-making processes.
- Prepare and examine financial records, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Analyze financial data and provide insights and recommendations to management for improving financial performance.
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or applicable accounting standards.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and financial plans, providing input and analysis to support the decision-making process.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling transactions and conducting regular reviews to identify and correct discrepancies.
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes, ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial reporting activities.
- Monitor and analyze financial transactions, ensuring adherence to internal controls and identifying any potential risks or areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as auditors, tax consultants, and regulatory agencies, to facilitate audits, tax filings, and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing financial policies, procedures, and systems to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments on financial matters, including expense management and budgetary control.
- Stay updated on changes in accounting standards, regulations, and best practices, and ensure their implementation within the organization.
- Support special projects and initiatives, such as system implementations, process improvements, or financial analysis for business expansion plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) is a plus.
- 2 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience as an accountant or in a similar financial role, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in using accounting software and MS Office applications, particularly Excel for financial analysis and reporting.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle) is beneficial.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis, financial statements, and reports.
- Solid understanding of internal controls and their application in financial processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and present financial data effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Integrity and confidentiality when handling sensitive financial information.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and experience in tax compliance is desirable.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated on industry trends and advancements in accounting and finance.
- Candidate should reside around Lekki and environs.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Accountant jobs