Job title : Accountant jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the job
We are looking for an Accountant who will join our finance team to manage all financial transactions. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses, report the organization’s finances to management and offer suggestions about resource utilization, and budget forecasts.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyse financial information and summarise the financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and generally accepted accounting procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Requirements /qualifications and skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in an appropriate field of study. Professional certificate will be an added advantage.
- Should have completed at least the Foundation Level of ICAN
- In-depth understanding of accounting and reporting standards.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Accountant jobs
- Salary Offer: *********