Job title : Account Officer, Inventory
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
We are looking for an experienced Account Officer, Inventory to oversee all inventory transactions and assure the completeness and accuracy of inventory costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and cycle counts in line with DCP’s inventory management policies and highlight variances.
- Carry out valuation of stock after each count and identify obsolete or disused stock for disposal and write-off.
- Revalue inventory at the new approved standard rates on a periodic basis.
- Maintain the general ledger for DCP’s inventory.
- Perform period closing and related activities for reconciliation of inventory to general ledger.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional certification from a recognized body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 9 12 years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Account Officer, Inventory jobs