Job title : Account Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Work Schedule: 8.00 AM- 5.00 PM
Purpose of the Job
- The Account Manager will maintain and grow the business and client base on an ongoing and project basis, will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, develop strategic solutions and plans that best fit the business needs within the Lagos Island.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with key decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and and identify opportunities.
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients, by exploring and driving Business opportunities that will
- give ipNX a larger share of the Customers’ wallets.
Expected Key Results Key Activities
- Maintain Strategic Leadership within Key Accounts Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with high volume clients to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and ensure that coherent and consistent strategies are employed in all serving and/or maintenance transactions and relationships.
- Interact with key decision makers, Initiate and bring forward strategic engagement plans to retain and grow business within key accounts.
- Provide annual plan on how to increase share of wallet and win new business within each allocated account.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s priorities, strategies and ensure ipNX add value across the broader organization.
- Develop and implement effective account strategies including relationship mapping, management of opportunity pipeline and generation of service offerings.
- Accounts Maintenance Maintain knowledge and awareness of competing products/services, discount and pricing structures, and overall strengths and weaknesses in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business.
- Maintain data and information relevant to key accounts for the purpose of conducting analyses that influence account- specific decision making.
- Maintain, deliver and present forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions within the Account.
- Maintain good public relations with current and prospective customers within the Accounts.
- Ensure that profitable sales volume and strategic objective targets are met for the assigned key accounts.
- Co-ordinate with relevant technical and service delivery teams to ensure excellent service delivery to the customer.
- Effective Project Management Collaborate with the Customer Care and Resource Management teams to meet account performance objectives as well as the key accounts’ expectations through complimentary cross-functional efforts.
- Define project scope, estimate and writing proposals, work with stakeholder in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Identify and develop target list of vertical markets to develop.
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and vertical markets.
- Responsible for framework vision, structure, and management while providing accountability, and development strategy.
- Develop in collaboration with the marketing team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services
- for the Region.
- Business Profitability Prepare pricing documentation for the business’s products/services and secure appropriate approvals prior to sending commercial proposals to key accounts.
- Develop cross selling relationships within assigned accounts and develop value propositions for differentiating product offerings.
- Collate and manage robust Industry data for analytics.
- Provide Management with the necessary sales reports, budgets, sales plan, and market analysis for the sector.
- Co-ordinate with relevant technical and service delivery teams to ensure excellent service delivery to the customer.
- Drive business opportunities that will give the organization a larger share of the Customers’ wallets within the sector.
- Lead database analysis to predict product usage, potential market penetration and new opportunities.
- Ensure timely response to client-initiated Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Tender (RFT).
- Thorough Understanding of Customers’ needs
- Drive the understanding of the clients within account and have a thorough understanding of how to manage and grow relationships between ipNX and the client in order to deliver opportunities and profitable growth.
- Structure and support to account teams through management information, market insight, knowledge sharing and meeting preparation.
- Work with all internal departments to develop integrated solutions and expand the services the business provides to the end user.
- Maintain and develop prospective client and key strategic stakeholder network.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the business goals and objectives.
- Generate and drive insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences (support from Marketing Team).
- Accountable for leveraging IPNX’s products and services as a means of enabling specific customers meet corporate goals and revenue targets.
- Business Development Understand and Lead the client’s account planning cycle and ensure that the client’s needs and expectations are met by the business.
- Grow and develop existing framework accounts and provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends.
- Provide strategic CSR thought leadership and expertise to expand business relationships.
- Influence cross-functional internal partners to create and execute effective research, analysis, and strategy.
- Represent the business at conferences, seminars, conventions, exhibitions.
- Accurate reporting of relevant internal and external market information that may impact on the business within accounts (e.g. competitor activity, account challenges, market opportunities, etc.) and development of action plans to maximize opportunity or minimize negative impact.
- Drive and participate in meetings and offer valuable ideas contributing towards the growth of the business.
- Understand industry trends and competition/competitor’s
- analysis for decision making.
- Drive business engagements and initiate high level meetings within the specific accounts.
- Drive the revenue opportunity within each client’s business portfolio as it relates to utilizing additional IPNX s services or product offerings.
- Relationship Management Research key customer wants and needs and suggest solutions that answer client’s needs and wants.
- Dedicate time to relationship affinity, exploring, understanding and determining customer needs and providing solutions to meet identified customer needs, utilizing various support functions within the organization.
- Provide useful feedback to management on the perception of customers about procedures, service delivery and quality of products and services.
- Conceive, organize, and implement various sales strategies designed to deepen existing relationships.
- Ensure financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives.
- Handle all client’s inquiries effectively and resolve complaints appropriately for quality Customer service delivery and relationship management.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and identify opportunities.
- Oversee formal funnel / pipeline management and diligence on proactive and reactive opportunities.
- Budget Achievement Coordinate, facilitate, and oversee the achievement of budget for specific accounts.
- Participate in the strategic account planning process in which specific financial targets, performance objectives, account management standards, and critical milestones over specific periods of time are decided upon.
- Delivering new business growth and maximizing revenue generation across ipNX’s products.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of new products and services within allocated sector and understand competitor strategy to gain market share.
- Consistently close sales and achieve monthly activity KPIs and revenue goals.
- Drive Increasing the revenue opportunity within each client’s business portfolio as it relates to utilizing additional ipNX’s services or product offerings.
- Management of Assigned Accounts and Understanding of Industry Lead new business pitches and be responsible for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Convert leads from team members and ensure all relevant information/document that will enable the processing of the business are obtained.
- Ensure that all the necessary documentation) required for commencing business with new accounts are obtained from the customer.
- Ensure regular follow up with the customers regarding orders and timely collections of the business’s products in order to obtain feedback on their level of satisfaction and note areas of sales performance improvement.
- Comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client transactions and suitability.
- Ensure all clients are on-boarded appropriately including required documentation’s completeness and accuracy.
- Achieve performance target for specific accounts and for the allocated sector through partnerships within the industry and region.
- Identification and evaluation of business opportunities by keeping an eye out for business best practices, trends, and principals that will enable the key internal teams keep consumers satisfied and loyal to the business.
Demonstrate (Key Competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Business Administration or any other related field (2.2 / Upper Credit)
- Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts / sectors
- Capability to be a structured thinker with a strong analytical approach.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and analytical skills, including excellent PowerPoint and Excel capabilities, with impeccable analytical and business judgment
- Understanding local dynamics of the region
- Ability to bring intel that will lead to increased sales
- An expert understanding of best practice account management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Creative, upbeat and innovative and be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience
- A proven track record in business development and client relationship management in a highly competitive, Business to Business (B 2B) environment.
- At least 5 years of Key Account Management experience
- 5 – 7 years experience in managing strategic Accounts
- Proven experience of driving opportunities through to revenue
- Strong commercial acumen both in terms of managing pipeline and challenging/coaching teams through the sales process
- A strong knowledge of Pursuit or another relationship/ sales methodology
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience working in large matrixed environments including cross-functional collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders to get results across multiple groups throughout the organization
- Experience working in the Region
- Experience in selling various product portfolio
- Experience in strategic Key Account planning, mapping key decision makers and building strong relationships with Key Accounts stakeholders
- Leadership experience with a strong business acumen and knowledge of the technical market landscape
- Experience in Client Management & Growth Strategies of assigned portfolio of clients
- Have proven results in successfully closing new business, ideally selling to blue chip companies in the region
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Account Manager jobs