9Mobile’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Engineer, Microwave Transmission
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : April 16, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Provide necessary support towards the integration, operation and maintenance of all backbone, access, enterprise /leased microwave links.
- Provide support for the regional field support engineers , in resolving transmission faults and minimize network downtime to the barest minimum
- Proffer solutions to repetitive transmission network faults affecting network quality and availability
- Liaise with the regional field support engineers to resolve prolonged and repetitive transmission faults
- Ensure all preventive and corrective maintenance, configuration change orders/request are duly implemented according to the work order/change request process.
- Responsible for the timely troubleshooting / diagnosis of transmission links faults; follow up with resolving party to ensure that faults are resolved within acceptable MTTR.
- Manage and escalate all unresolved/major faults to appropriate quarters for necessary attention.
- Ensure transmission operation activities undertaken by vendors / service providers meet EMTS specifications.
- Manage the performance and availability of microwave backbone and access transmission services systems/service deployed.
- Manage bandwidth on the Microwave backbone / City metro for optimal performance
- Maintain comprehensive sets of records for all microwave transmission links.
- Maintain the integrity of site transmission links configuration database and record systems
- Ensure all security and network integrity documentation is completed and adhered to
- Prepare and compile report on the transmission of leased, backbone and access transmission links considering the SLAs
- Monitor and ensure adherence to SLAs with Lastmile As A Service (LAAS) vendors.
- Conduct routine performance checks on the transmission links via the NMS systems to ensure the desired QoS and customer experience
- Ensure that approved transmission optimization tasks are executed according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service
- Consistently refine operating processes, systems and platforms to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure network operations meet operational delivery requirements
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Fixed Transmission Operations
- First degree in a related Engineering field
- Two (2) to Four(4) years post NYSC work experience in the telecom industry.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Service Continuity Management,Monitoring and Control
- Telecommunications & Mobile NetworkStandards & Specifications
- Network Administration
- Problem Solving / Analytical thinking
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here