Job title : E-learning Course Developer
Job Location : Nigeria
Deadline : May 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Curriculum Developer will be CfA’s in-house architect’ for designing the structure for our courseware modules and courses, as well as setting the benchmark for curriculum resources. The candidate reports to CfA’s Senior Programme Manager on the Knowledge team, and will work with the support of CfA’s wider team of editorial experts, data analysts and digital designers, as well as external domain experts. The candidate will champion CfA’s Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), ensuring that it is on par with the world’s best.
Responsibilities: Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualising and designing master curricula, in consultation with CfA programme teams and external domain experts, for modular, task-driven experiential courses that function as both self-directed e-learning and as in-person courseware of instructors.
- Developing courseware support materials, including facilitator guides and user-manuals; participant materials and exercises/assignments; and course handouts/toolkits.
- Designing and developing digital training materials, including e-learning modules, videos, and other resources
- Collaborate with CfA’s Academy to ensure that training materials are aligned with program goals and participant needs
- Repacking the master curriculum for offline/in-person presentation, including developing presentation slides (PowerPoint, etc) with instructor talking points/notes; class handouts and participant handbooks, etc.
- Cultivate and manage a pool of thematic experts that CfA can call upon to co-author courses and/or present flagship classes.
- Working closely with trainers and subject matter experts to ensure that training materials are accurate, engaging, and effective
- Proactively measure user experience and participant trends/feedback to improve the quality and effectiveness of CfA courseware.
- Monitor overall usage/completion rates and trends for CfA’s online MOOC and other webinar-based learning programmes, to offer actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of CfA’s Academy programmes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the training courses, and incorporate feedback to improve future iterations
- Monitor trends in teaching practices, and explore and recommend new technologies that will enhance Knowledge’s training model
- Incorporating best practices in instructional design, including interactive elements, assessments, and multimedia content
- Advise CfA’s trainers on the following aspects of the training content: accessibility, readability, potential for learner engagement and fit with learning objectives.
- Work with CfA’s engagement team to promote CfA training programmes including the MOOC site to the wider public and increase traffic and engagement on the site.
Required minimum requirements include:
- Qualifications or significant proven expertise in learning sciences, and specifically mass open online course (MOOC) design, instructional design and learning technologies or Information architecture, evidence-based education, and/or related fields.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in training development, creating blended learning solutions for both instructor-led and self-paced training programmes.
- Experience with using multimedia and online web instructional materials, especially for a web-based Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as WordPress’ LearnDash platform.
- Experience assessing training needs, writing lessons objectives, and storyboarding course outlines/learning journeys.
- Ability to work creatively and accurately under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and self-organise, and prioritise work when managing multiple timelines and schedules.
- Excellent leadership, team-building, and self-management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
Preferred: preferred qualifications and skills include:
- Experience with developing courseware formats for new communication channels, including using mobile platforms like WhatsApp or equivalent social messaging platforms.
- Experience with creating or customising courseware content using InDesign (or equivalent tools), video scribe, audio/narration editing tools and other e-learning design technologies is also an asset.
- Expertise in adult learning and all aspects of instructional design for various formats, including instructor-led, self-directed e-learning, task-driven experiential learning, webinar-driven interactive learning, mobile optimised courseware, and various types of performance support.
- Willingness to teach others and learn/pioneer new techniques.
- Experience in remote collaboration tools, including Slack, Google Drive, and Trello to manage workflows.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with curriculum or domain experts and project team members who work remotely and in different time zones.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria or anywhere else in Africa
- Languages: English
- Preferred but not required: French and/or Arabic
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- E-learning Course Developer jobs