DAI’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Financial Management Expert (EDF) (KE 3)
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : Thursday, August 12, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Code: 6041
Project Reference: EuropeAid/140588/IH/SER/NG
Duration: 18 months
Estimated Start Date: January 2022
Project Name: Technical Assistance to Strengthen Capacity for Implementation of National Economic Policies and the EU Development Initiatives including Documentation of the EU Projects in Nigeria
The purpose of the required services is to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (MFBNP) for the implementation of key national economic policies and initiatives including documentation and visibility of EU Projects in Nigeria. The aim of the service is to provide technical assistance to the Focal Departments of the MFBNP in the aspects of:
- Economic policy planning, budgeting, project implementation, monitoring & evaluation among other activities required for the delivery of key national development initiatives of the Federal Government of Nigeria; and
- Inspection, documentation and showcasing of works/community projects executed through the EDF for the purpose of ensuring their sustainability by raising stakeholders’ awareness on their responsibilities; as well as,
- Organization of capacity building programmes in the fields of development planning, including innovative modalities and emerging trends in development cooperation and the framework of the EDF.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in at least one of the following disciplines: Accounting, Financial Management, Auditing, Economics or related field;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 8 years experience in EC aid delivery methods and previous experience in implementation of EDF projects/programmes;
- Demonstrable experience with and understanding of the practical guide on contract procedures for European Union external action (PRAG);
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity; interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Computer literacy, excellent report writing skills and ability to produce quality financial reports and related documents;
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan countries is required, experience in Nigeria would be an asset.
Specific Professional Experience:
- Previous experience as a financial manager and/or procurement officer of EU funded projects or programmes is required;
- Previous experience in projects or programmes focused on development planning or budgeting will be an asset;
- Demonstrable experience in financial management capacity development (training, on-the-job support, guidance, hand-holding etc.).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here