Creatrix Empire’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Magazine Editor
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : August 14, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Other Selection Criteria (skills, knowledge and experience)
- Understands how job position supports the companyÕs strategic plan.
- Have a solid grasp of publication- understand the audience, their approach to the subject, etc.
- Good writing and editing skills
- Has good understanding of content management systems; demonstrable experience in producing relevant content to target audience.
- Able to nurture long-term relationships with key publication influencers.
- Analytic thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Organized, structured and in control: keeps track of multiple writers working on multiple stories.
- Astute: Keenly able to accurately assess a situation or person and turn it into an advantage.
- Able to understand and influence target audience.
- Market knowledge: Good market knowledge and a network of contacts with authors, writers and other content producers.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet productivity standards and deadlines.
- The Magazine Editor is in charge of the CompanyÕs magazine which is produced quarterly. Magazine editors are communication specialists who plan, manage and produce magazines for readers. They create editorial calendars, develop story ideas, edit content and manage the production process by the effective delegation of tasks.
- selecting articles for issues and planning publication contents
- generating ideas, reading, writing and researching features for articles
- Research and generate list of possible cover stars for each edition
- commissioning features and stories from in-house writers or freelancers
- supervising staff, including freelance writers, and setting deadlines
- rewriting, editing, proofreading magazine content to ensure it is ready to go to press
- Representing the magazine brand in relevant events, fairs and conferences
- ensuring that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines.
- Coordinating online or print publishing cycle and managing content areas
- Liaising with the Digital Marketer on content creation for blogs and vlogs for the magazine website
- Driving sponsorship, adverts and promotions for the magazine
- Setting publication standards and establishing goals and expectations
- Suggesting stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with each edition and its targeted audienceÕs preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Plan and monitor budget allocation for the publishing of each edition
- Liaise with the Social Media Manager on content curation for the magazine social media pages
- Organize strategic meetings with editorial team from time to time
- Develop realistic strategies for online and offline sales of published magazine edition
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.